Multimedia Art Museum, Moscow | Exhibitions | Flowers For Doctors

MULTIMEDIA ART MUSEUM, MOSCOW
MUSEUM "MOSCOW HOUSE OF PHOTOGRAPHY"
Ru

Flowers For Doctors

Pavel Pepperstein. Flowers for Dr. Freud. 2020. Pen and watercolour on paper. Courtesy of the artist. Igor Samolet. Flowers For Doctors. 2020. Print on fabric. Courtesy of the artist. Igor Shelkovsky. Flowers. 2005. Oil on Canvas. Courtesy of the Palisander Gallery. Dmitry Lookianov. From the ‘Instant Tomorrow’ series. 2013—2015. Digital print. Courtesy of the artist. Andrey Filippov. Untitled. 2020. Oil on Canvas. Courtesy of the artist.

Pavel Pepperstein. Flowers for Dr. Freud. 2020. Pen and watercolour on paper. Courtesy of the artist.

Igor Samolet. Flowers For Doctors. 2020. Print on fabric. Courtesy of the artist.

Igor Shelkovsky. Flowers. 2005. Oil on Canvas. Courtesy of the Palisander Gallery.

Dmitry Lookianov. From the ‘Instant Tomorrow’ series. 2013—2015. Digital print. Courtesy of the artist.

Andrey Filippov. Untitled. 2020. Oil on Canvas. Courtesy of the artist.

Moscow, 7.09—18.10.2020

left before the start — 26 days

Share with friends

For mass-media

AS PART OF THE XIII MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL MONTH OF PHOTOGRAPHY «PHOTOBIENNALE – 2020»

PRESENT THE EXHIBITION

Flowers For Doctors

4 September 2020 — 18 October 2020

With the support of the Malevich platform

The Multimedia Art Museum, Moscow, the Picture agency, the .ART domain zone and the Malevich platform launched the flashmob ‘FlowersForDoctors’ (#FlowersForDoctors) during the self-isolation period, as an action to support health workers.

The COVID-19 epidemic has reminded us, and the whole world, that at critical moments the most valuable thing we have — our own lives and the lives of our loved ones — depends on the medics. They were applauded from balconies, serenaded, fed with hot meals and provided with personal protective equipment, which was in short supply in hospitals at the start of the epidemic. Doctors became the heroes of the day.

During the flash mob professional and non-professional artists, both adults and children, expressed their gratitude to the doctors in paintings, photographs, sculptures and videos.

Our museum has selected the most interesting works with the hashtag (#FlowersForDoctors). They now comprise the exhibition ‘Flowers For Doctors’. The show features works from masters of contemporary Russian art and from young artists, including Ilya Kabakov, Pavel Pepperstein, Konstantin Zvezdochetov, Nikita Alekseev, Andrei Filippov, Igor Shelkovsky, Sergei Bratkov, Paruyr Davtyan, Evgeny Granilshchikov and others, along with exhibits from non-professional artists who joined in the flash mob.

The exhibition also includes videos and photoreportage that record the medics’ heroic work on round-the-clock shifts during the most stressful moments of the epidemic.

Honoured guests at the first MAMM exhibition opening on 9 September will be the health workers themselves, along with all those who sent them gifts and can come along to say a personal ‘Thank you!’

At the end of the exhibition we will auction the works on display. The proceeds will be divided so that 40% goes to support artists who also found themselves socially unprotected during the epidemic, who lost commissions and previously scheduled exhibitions, while the remaining 60% will be donated as targeted assistance to the families of doctors and health workers who passed away during the epidemic.

We hope that our focus on doctors and medicine will stay on the agenda when the virus is defeated.

MAMM is making every possible contribution to support the medics, and from now on admission to our museum will be free of charge for all doctors, health workers and medical students.

Генеральный радиопартнер

Серебряный дождь

Стратегический информационный партнер

ELLE



Профильный медиа партнер

The Art Newspaper Russia

Информационные партнеры

Первый канал Crocus TV Искусство. Издается с 1933 года Диалог Искусств Русский пионер The Vanderlust RosPhoto Photographer.ru Art Узел